Re: Bug: Fullscreen doesn't play well with Spaces

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2010
      On 28 December 2010 13:57, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      > On 27 December 2010 23:29, autodidakto <autodidakto@...> wrote:
      >> Assign MacVim to a space, then drag the window to another space. Full
      >> screen that window.
      >>
      >> Instead of going fullscreen inside the space that _macvim is currently
      >> in_, it will first switch to it's assigned/default space (if assigned)
      >> and then fullscreen.
      >
      > I can reproduce...the problem is that when MacVim goes full screen it
      > creates a new window at which point Spaces goes and puts it on the
      > Space you assigned to MacVim.
      >
      > I'm not sure what to do about this...does anybody know of a way to
      > prevent Spaces from reassigning window to another Space when it is
      > opened?

      I pushed a fix for this problem now. Thanks for reporting this issue!

      To answer my own question (in case anybody is interested), this is how
      I stopped Spaces from moving the full screen window to another Space
      ("self" is an NSWindow instance):

      NSWindowCollectionBehavior wcb = [self collectionBehavior];
      [self setCollectionBehavior:NSWindowCollectionBehaviorCanJoinAllSpaces];

      // do stuff ...

      [self makeKeyAndOrderFront:self];
      [self setCollectionBehavior:wcb];

      Lets see if this proves to be a satisfactory solution...