Arrow key behaves strange

  • Kartikeya
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2010
      I just updated to vim 7.3 now my arrow keys are behaving strange. In
      the insert mode the arrow keys are inserting the following on the line
      above:
      Down arrow: A
      Up arrow: B
      Right arrow: C
      Left arrow: D

      Please help me to resolve this. I have just moved to vim from
      TextWrangler.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2010
        On 29 December 2010 20:51, Kartikeya <kartikeyasri@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I just updated to vim 7.3 now my arrow keys are behaving strange. In
        > the insert mode the arrow keys are inserting the following on the line
        > above:
        > Down arrow: A
        > Up arrow: B
        > Right arrow: C
        > Left arrow: D

        It sounds like the arrow keys have been remapped (either by you or
        some plugin). Try

        :verbose imap <Left>

        and Vim should respond with the location where this map was made.
        Then edit that file and remove the mapping (and the <Right>, <Up>,
        <Down> mappings as well).

        If that doesn't solve your problem, try going through the
        troubleshooting guide [1].

        Björn

        [1] https://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/wiki/Troubleshooting

      • dacresni
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2010
          when you give the :version command, what does it say?