Relative numbers

  • Honza Pokorny
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2010
      I'm using the latest version from Github. I like the new option :set
      relativenumber.

      It appears it doesn't always get loaded. I have a mapping to reload
      my .vimrc when I'm in vim, and if I do that the relative numbers come
      on just fine.

      Why don't they come in when I start to edit a file?

      Thanks

    • Gianni Chiappetta
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2010
        Seems that it's only set for the first buffer, you can make it work for all buffers with the following: https://github.com/gf3/dotfiles/blob/master/.vimrc#L172-174

      • Honza Pokorny
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2010
          Perfect! That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!