Re: D-t in insert mode

  • Kyle Lippincott
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2010
      inoremap <D-t> <C-o>:CommandT<CR>

      (I have no idea what CommandT does, but this will put you back in to insert mode.  If you don't want to be in insert mode afterward, use Esc instead of C-o)

      On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM, rainkinz <brendan.grainger@...> wrote:
      Hi All,

      I'm using the CommandT plugin with macvim and it's working great
      except for one little annoyance I can't seem to figure out. I have
      this mapping to invoke command T in normal mode:

      nnoremap <D-t> :CommandT<CR>

      I thought the following would work in insert mode:

      inoremap <D-t> :CommandT<CR>

      but all it does is insert :CommandT in the file I'm editing. Any
      hints?

      Thanks

    • rainkinz
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
        Thanks, that did it:

        inoremap <D-t> <esc>:CommandT<CR>

        On Dec 10, 6:36 pm, Kyle Lippincott <spect...@...> wrote:
        > inoremap <D-t> <C-o>:CommandT<CR>
        >
        > (I have no idea what CommandT does, but this will put you back in to insert
        > mode.  If you don't want to be in insert mode afterward, use Esc instead of
        > C-o)
        >
        > On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM, rainkinz <brendan.grain...@...>wrote:
        >

        > > Hi All,
        >
        > > I'm using the CommandT plugin with macvim and it's working great
        > > except for one little annoyance I can't seem to figure out. I have
        > > this mapping to invoke command T in normal mode:
        >
        > > nnoremap <D-t> :CommandT<CR>
        >
        > > I thought the following would work in insert mode:
        >
        > > inoremap <D-t> :CommandT<CR>
        >
        > > but all it does is insert :CommandT in the file I'm editing. Any
        > > hints?
        >
        > > Thanks
        >
        > > --
        > > You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
        > > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      • rainkinz
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
          BTW, Command-T is a vim script for fast file opening that works
          similar to textmate's command-T:

          It was the only thing I was really missing coming from TM to vim. Now
          I'm a convert.

          Thanks