D-t in insert mode

  • rainkinz
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2010
      Hi All,

      I'm using the CommandT plugin with macvim and it's working great
      except for one little annoyance I can't seem to figure out. I have
      this mapping to invoke command T in normal mode:

      nnoremap <D-t> :CommandT<CR>

      I thought the following would work in insert mode:

      inoremap <D-t> :CommandT<CR>

      but all it does is insert :CommandT in the file I'm editing. Any
      hints?

      Thanks

    • Kyle Lippincott

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
          Thanks, that did it:

          inoremap <D-t> <esc>:CommandT<CR>

          On Dec 10, 6:36 pm, Kyle Lippincott <spect...@...> wrote:
          > inoremap <D-t> <C-o>:CommandT<CR>
          >
          > (I have no idea what CommandT does, but this will put you back in to insert
          > mode.  If you don't want to be in insert mode afterward, use Esc instead of
          > C-o)
          >
          > On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM, rainkinz <brendan.grain...@...>wrote:
          >

          > > Hi All,
          >
          > > I'm using the CommandT plugin with macvim and it's working great
          > > except for one little annoyance I can't seem to figure out. I have
          > > this mapping to invoke command T in normal mode:
          >
          > > nnoremap <D-t> :CommandT<CR>
          >
          > > I thought the following would work in insert mode:
          >
          > > inoremap <D-t> :CommandT<CR>
          >
          > > but all it does is insert :CommandT in the file I'm editing. Any
          > > hints?
          >
          > > Thanks
          >
          > > --
          > > You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
          > > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php

        • rainkinz
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2010
            BTW, Command-T is a vim script for fast file opening that works
            similar to textmate's command-T:

            It was the only thing I was really missing coming from TM to vim. Now
            I'm a convert.

            Thanks