Re: Color settings for vim in a terminal

  • guivho
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2010
      Hi Chip,

      > Would you please send me an url for one of these problematic sites? I'll
      > see what I can do with netrw to get it to work, anyway.

      I am afraid that I would have to pass on my login credentials.

      The proprietary microsoft ftp listing format is generated by the ftp
      server component of the IIS webserver. IIS is available to be installed
      and activated on any of the 'pro' os versions of ms, like XP
      Professional, and, I'm sure, also on the professional Vista ans W7
      versions.

      There is an IIS setting to use unix listing format, but that's not the
      default. My ISP forgot to reinstate this preference for me when
      upgrading to IIS7, but it has been restored now. So I am again a happy
      netrw user.

      From my old mail conversation about this with my ISP, I can show you how
      this ms layout looked like (at least in 2006):

      ~$ ftp ftp.fairytale.com
      Connected to ftp.fairytale.com.
      220 Microsoft FTP Service
      331 Password required for santaclaus.
      230 User santaclaus logged in.
      Remote system type is Windows_NT.
      ftp> ls
      200 PORT command successful.
      150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
      11-28-05 10:47PM <DIR> humpty
      06-01-06 09:54AM <DIR> dumpty
      10-29-06 08:21PM <DIR> groupy
      07-06-06 10:30AM <DIR> basklet
      11-11-06 09:34PM <DIR> situps
      05-24-06 07:49PM <DIR> oz
      11-12-05 08:08PM <DIR> vlg
      226 Transfer complete.
      ftp>

      Chip, I hope you can find some ms box where the IIS server component is
      installed or can temporarily be activated for your testing. On the other
      hand, I think they should use the default unix format by default!

      Hope this was of any help.

      guivho.