Re: document icons

  • Ricardo SIGNES
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2003
      * Dragon Green <dragon@...> [2003-10-29T17:31:44]
      > I've had some success with this. I copied nodes from the TextEdit.app's
      > info.plist.

      Thanks, this was interesting and informative. I think some improvements
      can be made -- in fact, I know they can, as I made some.

      When I set Vim to be the editor for something, it sets the icon. When I
      set it to be the default editor for all text files, the icon goes back
      to the boring document icon. Further, I can't get Vim to stay as an
      option in the "open with" selection in the file info.

      I think this has something to do with Vim "registering" with the OS
      globally, somehow.

      I'm trying to find some more information on the format of Info.plist and
      on global application information. Anyone have tips?

      --
      rjbs