Re: I'm getting two spaces after typing a comma.

  • David Turetsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2010
      Did you save a copy of vimrc before commencing modifications? Or did your system automatically generate an earlier version?

      If so, then you can back in your modifications to a copy of the unmodified vimrc one at a time, or a section at a time, until you reintroduce the problem, which should point you to the error, or use some variations on that approach

      If not, then you have discovered why it is a good idea to keep backup files

      --
      David

      On Nov 7, 2010, at 2:36 PM, Luis wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I may have done this accidentally while editing my vimrc file but I
      > can’t seem to figure out where. Every time I type a comma and hit the
      > space bar I get two spaces instead of one. I’m very new to Vim and
      > realize this is not exactly an interesting problem but it is annoying
      > me to no end.
      >
      > Any ideas? Thank you.
      > Luis
      >
      > --

    • Luis Roca
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2010
        Thank you David. I did a number of modifications to make Vim more "Perl friendly". Actually I did a LOT of modifications overall. I made certain to add anything new to the bottom of the original vimrc file. There must be two attributes that are conflicting — maybe? I do still have the backup so I'll have to try your suggestion today.

        Thank you.
        Luis