Vim presentations in the Netherlands

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2000
      Yesterday I have done a presentation on the Linux2000 conference in Ede,
      Holland. About a hundred people attended and hopefully enjoyed it.
      The conference was quite interesting and well attended (about 1500 attendees).
      Eric S. Raymond did two speeches. He has a nice way of explaining things!

      For those who are interested, the paper and presentation slides (with notes)
      of the presentation I did are available on my web site:
      http://www.moolenaar.net

      The paper is small and plain text. The presentation is in PowerPoint format,
      about 230 Kbyte. I also added a PostScript version of it, but it's very big
      (over 600 Kbyte when gzip'ed) and in ghostview it didn't look nice. But it's
      readable. If someone knows how to make a better PostScript file (or PDF), let
      me know.

      The presentation I will do on November 9, at the NLUUG najaarsconferentie,
      will be a completely different one:

      Thursday November 9: NLUUG najaarsconferentie
      Location: the Netherlands, in Ede.

      Time: 15:30 - 16:15
      Title: Seven habits of effective text editing

      I'm not sure if the entrance is free. It certainly is for members of the
      NLUUG. Check the web site.

      I expect to do the speech in Dutch, but if there are a few people who don't
      understand Dutch I'll switch to English.

      130. You can't get out of your desk even if it's time to eat or time
      to go to the bathroom.