Re: Origin of some vmaps

  • Axel
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2010
      Hi John,

      bad news. Even w/o using any configuration files involved, ":verbose
      vmap" will just produce the above list of mapping, w/o any indication
      where they come from.

      As -V and -D don't work either (as they do in Windows), I'm somewhat
      stuck...

      Best regards

      Axel

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2010
        On 7 October 2010 14:41, Axel <axel.bender@...> wrote:

        > in MacVim I encountered some (for me) annoying mappings whose origin I
        > cannot locate:
        >
        > v <BS> "-d
        > v <D-x> "*d
        > v <D-c> "*y
        > v <D-v> "-d"*p
        >
        > These mapping do not come from any configuration file
        > (KeyBindings.plist, RCs, or org.vim.MacVim), and do not appear in vim.
        >
        > Where do these mappings come from (grepping through /Application/
        > MacVim didn't yield any results either).

        The mapping to BS I _think_ is hardcoded but you should be able to
        just remap to whatever you want with a "vmap" command (?).

        The Cmd-key bindings are menu bindings and as such are set up in
        $VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim. This is explained under ":h macvim-menus".

        Here's how you can "unmap" these menu items (must go in ~/.gvimrc):

        macmenu Edit.Cut key=<nop>
        macmenu Edit.Copy key=<nop>
        macmenu Edit.Paste key=<nop>

      • Axel
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 12, 2010
          @Björn

          Thanks for your answer. But - even after outcommenting all <D-V>
          (e.g.) mappings in menu.vim/macmap.vim - or using your proposed
          commands to terminate them - the mappings stay.

          @All

          Of course, one might use

          :vmap <D-...> ...

          which works for me, but - as I'm a curious guy - I'd still like to
          know where the mappings come from...

          Axel

        • Axel
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 12, 2010
            Using debug, I found that the above mentioned mappings are in effect
            even before a single file was sourced.
            I therefore conclude that these mappings are compiled-in. Weird...

          • Axel
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 12, 2010