system() hangs

  • Antti H.
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
      The system() causes MacVim hang. Say that I run:

      :let some = system('date')

      The window hangs. If I look at `ps ax`, I see this:

      48604 p0 S+ 0:00.01 /bin/zsh -c (date) >/var/folders/
      +8/+8HvmGQmFcmOvfFOWR2mx++++TI/-Tmp-/vN1YzBQ/2 2>&1

      If I kill the process, MacVim gives me a E484, and comes back to life:

      E484: Can't open file ...

      I think this is why some of the vim plugins hang for me, and I've seen
      others complain about this too. Notice that I use zsh.

      I don't know if it helps, but if I run the above zsh command by hand I
      get zsh errors about the file attributes. For example, the above gives
      me:

      zsh: number expected

      Any ideas on how to fix this?

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2010
        On 7 October 2010 23:30, Antti H. <anttih@...> wrote:
        > The system() causes MacVim hang. Say that I run:
        >
        >    :let some = system('date')
        >
        > The window hangs. If I look at `ps ax`, I see this:
        >
        >    48604   p0  S+     0:00.01 /bin/zsh -c (date) >/var/folders/
        > +8/+8HvmGQmFcmOvfFOWR2mx++++TI/-Tmp-/vN1YzBQ/2 2>&1
        >
        > If I kill the process, MacVim gives me a E484, and comes back to life:
        >
        >    E484: Can't open file ...
        >
        > I think this is why some of the vim plugins hang for me, and I've seen
        > others complain about this too. Notice that I use zsh.
        >
        > I don't know if it helps, but if I run the above zsh command by hand I
        > get zsh errors about the file attributes. For example, the above gives
        > me:
        >
        >    zsh: number expected
        >
        > Any ideas on how to fix this?

        Have you tried snapshot 55?