Re: Width of graphical tabs should expand

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2010
      On 3 October 2010 20:37, Gabe da Silveira <gabriel.d@...> wrote:
      > On Oct 3, 2:06 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
      >
      >> The PSMTabBarControl framework that MacVim uses does support setting
      >> all tabs to fit the tab label length but it worked poorly and so was
      >> disabled way back (if I remember correctly).  However this is also
      >> more in line with how Safari tabs work (whether that is a good or a
      >> bad thing is debatable, but as a rule of thumb I try to follow the
      >> behavior of Apple apps).
      >
      > I would definitely be in support of adding this as a hidden default
      > that people such as myself can turn on.  Who knows, maybe the issues
      > have been cleaned up in newer versions of OS X.

      Unfortunately, it won't have changed -- the problem is with the
      PSMTabBarControl framework and this hasn't been updated since it was
      first included in MacVim. In order to get "proportional" tabs to work
      somebody would have to fix this bug (and I don't want to touch the
      PSMTabBarControl source code, so ...).

      If it worked I would have probably left it on but since it was buggy I
      was forced to disable it.