Help needed: "Warning in snipMate.vim: Snippet xxx is already defined..." when opening files

  • Garrett
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2010
      See a couple references to my problem on the web with no solution.
      Since it may be a Mac only issue, thought I'd post it here. Thanks in
      advance.

      What steps will reproduce the problem?
      1. Open a file on Mac OS X 10.6 in console or macvim with vim 7.2 or
      7.3 and snipMate plugin

      Before opening file I get multiple warnings, such as "Warning in
      snipMate.vim: Snippet ddate is already defined. See :h multi_snip for
      help on snippets with multiple matches."

      What version of snipMate are you using? On what OS?
      0.83 and then cloned current github repo on Mac OS X 10.6. Could not
      reproduce warnings on Ubuntu Lucid w/ vim 7.2

      Do you have any other plugins installed (that may be clashing with
      snipMate)? Yes (bufexplorer, NERD_tree, rails.vim), but they don't
      appear to be the problem as my .vim directory works fine on Ubuntu
      Lucid

      See .vim directory at http://github.com/sharkbyteusa/myvim

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2010
        On 2 October 2010 20:33, Garrett <shark.byte.usa@...> wrote:
        > See a couple references to my problem on the web with no solution.
        > Since it may be a Mac only issue, thought I'd post it here. Thanks in
        > advance.
        >
        > What steps will reproduce the problem?
        > 1. Open a file on Mac OS X 10.6 in console or macvim with vim 7.2 or
        > 7.3 and snipMate plugin
        >
        > What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
        > Before opening file I get multiple warnings, such as "Warning in
        > snipMate.vim: Snippet ddate is already defined. See :h multi_snip for
        > help on snippets with multiple matches."
        >
        > What version of snipMate are you using? On what OS?
        > 0.83 and then cloned current github repo on Mac OS X 10.6.  Could not
        > reproduce warnings on Ubuntu Lucid w/ vim 7.2
        >
        > Do you have any other plugins installed (that may be clashing with
        > snipMate)? Yes (bufexplorer, NERD_tree, rails.vim), but they don't
        > appear to be the problem as my .vim directory works fine on Ubuntu
        > Lucid

        Hi Garrett,

        I can't help much with debugging of plugins -- my suggestion would be
        to ask the plugin maintainer and see if they know what's going on.

        However, I have one thought: have you checked in the snippets files
        for multiple declarations of "ddate"?