Re: Problems with accented characters in snapshot 54

  • Cássio Marques
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2010
      Just built it from source and reinstalled and it's working now, thank you  Björn!

      2010/10/2 Cássio Marques <cassiommc@...>
      Thank you very much for the quick fix!

      On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:23 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      On 2 October 2010 18:55, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      > 2010/10/2 Cássio Marques <cassiommc@...>:
      >> Hello,
      >> After upgrading the snapshot 54 I can no longer type accented characters.
      >> When trying, I get only the accent, without the character. I double checked
      >> and it does work using other editors.
      >> I'm using OSX 10.6.4 and the U.S. International - PC keyboard layout.
      >> Any ideas?
      >
      > I see the problem -- it is indeed a regression introduced in snap 54.
      > You can work around it by going into the "Advanced" Preferences and
      > unticking "Draw marked text inline".
      >
      > I'll see what I can do to fix it.

      Fixed:

      http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/commit/cc43c3f65c7e085eeb0532801532b7112ca00a93

      Thanks for reporting this issue.

      Cássio Marques

      Blog: http://cassiomarques.wordpress.com

      If you're writing code and you're not testing it, the code is wrong. I don't care if it does the right thing, and people need to understand this. If it works by accident, you're still wrong.
      Bryan Liles - Ruby Hoedown 2008