Re: Eliminating StuffIt from the OS X build process

  • MURAOKA Taro
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2003
      I have another suggestion.

      We can easily decode hqx and convert its contents of resource fork to
      normal file using Python bundled in OSX. Attached patch make this.
      Please check it.
      ----
      MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 25, 2003
        Taro Muraoka wrote:

        > I have another suggestion.
        >
        > We can easily decode hqx and convert its contents of resource fork to
        > normal file using Python bundled in OSX. Attached patch make this.
        > Please check it.

        Looks like a nice solution to me. But please check that it works on
        various systems.

        Where does the dehqx.py script come from? I need to add a header about
        the author, otherwise the copyright is unclear. Did you write it?

        --
        A poem: read aloud:

        <> !*''# Waka waka bang splat tick tick hash,
        ^"`$$- Caret quote back-tick dollar dollar dash,
        !*=@$_ Bang splat equal at dollar under-score,
        %*<> ~#4 Percent splat waka waka tilde number four,
        &[]../ Ampersand bracket bracket dot dot slash,
        |{,,SYSTEM HALTED Vertical-bar curly-bracket comma comma CRASH.

        Fred Bremmer and Steve Kroese (Calvin College & Seminary of Grand Rapids, MI.)

      • MURAOKA Taro
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2003
          > Looks like a nice solution to me. But please check that it works on
          > various systems.

          I have tested this on Jaguar and Panther.

          > Where does the dehqx.py script come from? I need to add a header about
          > the author, otherwise the copyright is unclear. Did you write it?

          Oh yes, I wrote it.
          ----
          MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>