Re: Kernel Development in Machintosh

  • Sven Guckes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
      * Abel Muñoz Alcaraz <abel@...> [001005 13:22]:
      > I'm a Linux/Windows kernel developer and I'm beginning in
      > Macintosh. I'm a beginner and I don't know what I must do
      > for developing kernel modules/drivers in Mac OS, where I
      > can search information, what compiler I must use, etc ....
      > Can you help me about kernel development in Mac OS?

      *ehem* This list is about developemtn of *Vim* -
      not about developing OS kernels. Hope this helps.

      Sven
    • G. Mark Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
        You're in luck -- go to the www.apple.com site and sign up for the
        Darwin project. There's source code and all sorts of stuff. Then go over
        to www.go2mac.com and look for a recent article that tells you how
        to hack OSX and get the development tools from Linux installed. After
        that, you'll be in familiar ground.

        Good luck, and let us know what you find out!

        Mark