Re: Color.plist rgb values are wrong (fix attached)

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 10, 2010
      On 10 August 2010 06:05, Dewdman42 wrote:

      > Here is an image comparing 3 windows.  I did this screen snap all at once,
      > all three windows are appearing on my mac desktop at the same time(the
      > windows one is using MS RemoteDesktop to view vim on windows).
      >
      > (see notes below)
      >
      > http://vim.1045645.n5.nabble.com/file/n2375109/example.jpg
      >
      > The left most window is out of the box MacVim with the "desert" colorscheme.
      > Note the white fonts are clearly less-than-white.
      >
      > On the far right is a remote desktop connection to  PC running Vim over
      > there, and you can see that the background is darker, the white letters are
      > brighter....on the same display.
      >
      > In the middle is a modified version of desert colorscheme that changed the
      > guibg to gray14 instead of gray20 in order to get it to match what I would
      > expect to see, but still you can see the white letters are not completely as
      > white as they should be.
      >
      > This is with the very latest 7.2 stable 1.2 (33.3).

      It's fixed in the latest snapshot, or you could try the 7.3 BETA:

      http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/downloads

      (By the way: This problem has nothing to do with the original issue
      reported in this thread. It was caused by the fact that MacVim used
      to use calibrated colors, but nowadays it uses device colors like most
      other apps.)