Re: Vim 7.3e ready for beta testing

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2010
      Dennis Preiser wrote:

      > björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
      > > ...and now there is also a 7.3e build of MacVim available here:
      > >
      > > http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/downloads
      >
      > I encountered a drawing issue with:
      >
      > | hi CursorLine gui=underline guisp=gray
      >
      > set. This should underline the current line with a gray line from the
      > left edge to the right edge. When displaying help files sometimes the
      > line stops some caracter before the right edge.
      >
      > To reproduce try ':h ls' with filetype plugin on.
      >
      > I guess this is caused by the 'concealcursor' option
      >
      > | setlocal formatoptions+=tcroql textwidth=78 cole=2 cocu=nc
      >
      > set from [...]/runtime/ftplugin/help.vim. The 'missing' part of the
      > cursorline seems to be the 'concealed' caracters.

      I see this problem on Unix and also in a terminal. I'll see if I can
      fix it.

      --
      If you put 7 of the most talented OSS developers in a room for a week
      and asked them to fix a bug in a spreadsheet program, in 1 week

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 15, 2010
        Dennis Preiser wrote:

        > Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
        > >> I encountered a drawing issue with:

        > >> set. This should underline the current line with a gray line from the
        > >> left edge to the right edge. When displaying help files sometimes the
        > >> line stops some caracter before the right edge.
        > >>
        > >> To reproduce try ':h ls' with filetype plugin on.
        > >>
        > >> I guess this is caused by the 'concealcursor' option

        > >> set from [...]/runtime/ftplugin/help.vim. The 'missing' part of the
        > >> cursorline seems to be the 'concealed' caracters.
        > >
        > > I see this problem on Unix and also in a terminal. I'll see if I can
        > > fix it.
        >
        > 7.3f fixes that when 'list' is not set. After ':set list' the issue
        > reappears.

        I see. Didn't expect 'list' to matter. I'll put it in the todo list.

        84. Books in your bookcase bear the names Bongo, WinSock and Inside OLE