Re: Vim 7.3e ready for beta testing

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8 2:28 PM
      ...and now there is also a 7.3e build of MacVim available here:

      http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/downloads

      Enjoy!
      Björn

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9 12:59 PM
        On 9 August 2010 20:50, Dennis Preiser wrote:
        > björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
        >> ...and now there is also a 7.3e build of MacVim available here:
        >>
        >> http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/downloads
        >
        > I encountered a drawing issue with:
        >
        > | hi CursorLine gui=underline guisp=gray
        >
        > set. This should underline the current line with a gray line from the
        > left edge to the right edge. When displaying help files sometimes the
        > line stops some caracter before the right edge.
        >
        > To reproduce try ':h ls' with filetype plugin on.
        >
        > I guess this is caused by the 'concealcursor' option
        >
        > | setlocal formatoptions+=tcroql textwidth=78 cole=2 cocu=nc
        >
        > set from [...]/runtime/ftplugin/help.vim. The 'missing' part of the
        > cursorline seems to be the 'concealed' caracters.

        I recall reading a similar discussion on vim_dev ... have you searched
        its history? In any case, this is not Mac specific so if you don't
        find a solution there then please make a new post there.

        Thanks,

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9 1:55 PM
          Dennis Preiser wrote:

          > björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
          > > ...and now there is also a 7.3e build of MacVim available here:
          > >
          > > http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/downloads
          >
          > I encountered a drawing issue with:
          >
          > | hi CursorLine gui=underline guisp=gray
          >
          > set. This should underline the current line with a gray line from the
          > left edge to the right edge. When displaying help files sometimes the
          > line stops some caracter before the right edge.
          >
          > To reproduce try ':h ls' with filetype plugin on.
          >
          > I guess this is caused by the 'concealcursor' option
          >
          > | setlocal formatoptions+=tcroql textwidth=78 cole=2 cocu=nc
          >
          > set from [...]/runtime/ftplugin/help.vim. The 'missing' part of the
          > cursorline seems to be the 'concealed' caracters.

          I see this problem on Unix and also in a terminal. I'll see if I can
          fix it.

          --
          If you put 7 of the most talented OSS developers in a room for a week
          and asked them to fix a bug in a spreadsheet program, in 1 week

        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 15 2:17 PM
            Dennis Preiser wrote:

            > Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
            > >> I encountered a drawing issue with:

            > >> set. This should underline the current line with a gray line from the
            > >> left edge to the right edge. When displaying help files sometimes the
            > >> line stops some caracter before the right edge.
            > >>
            > >> To reproduce try ':h ls' with filetype plugin on.
            > >>
            > >> I guess this is caused by the 'concealcursor' option

            > >> set from [...]/runtime/ftplugin/help.vim. The 'missing' part of the
            > >> cursorline seems to be the 'concealed' caracters.
            > >
            > > I see this problem on Unix and also in a terminal. I'll see if I can
            > > fix it.
            >
            > 7.3f fixes that when 'list' is not set. After ':set list' the issue
            > reappears.

            I see. Didn't expect 'list' to matter. I'll put it in the todo list.

            84. Books in your bookcase bear the names Bongo, WinSock and Inside OLE