Re: Carbon binaries of vim 6.2.127

  • Bob Ippolito
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
      On Oct 23, 2003, at 8:54 AM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Benji Fisher wrote:
      >
      >> Vim.app users:
      >>
      >> I have just uploaded two versions of vim 6.2.127 at
      >>
      >> http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/
      >>
      >> Both are compiled with the standard Makefile, and both have the
      >> runtime
      >> files under Vim.app/ so that there is no need for the vim/ directory.
      >> Both versions have my custom [g]vimrc files and Douglas Stebila's Vim
      >> icon.
      >>
      >> One version is compiled with +perl but -python (because of
      >> problems
      >> during linking). If you need to use Python, stick with the previous
      >> release.
      >
      > This one works fine on 10.2. On 10.3 it doesn't run and I also don't
      > see an error messsage (when doing "open Vim.app" in a terminal). But
      > we
      > can assume it can't load the Perl library.
      >
      >> The second version is compiled with -perl and -python. Since it
      >> does not depend on the Perl libraries, it may run under OS X.iii
      >> (Panther). If you try this, please let me know the results.
      >
      > This one works also on 10.3.

      Personally I'd like to see one +perl +python, which can be easily done
      for 10.3 since it includes dynamically linkable versions of both. I
      have ADC and am running Panther now on my primary machine, so if
      someone points me to the tarball and patches I'll go ahead and do it.

      The Apple supplied console version of Vim that comes with 10.3 works
      just fine, by the way. I tend to use the console version anyhow, but
      it's -perl -python -ruby.

      -bob