PyClewn in MacVim?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2010

      I thought I'd try out PyClewn with MacVim (to test the new
      +balloon_eval feature etc.) but I can't even get it up and running.
      Has anybody else tried and succeeded? If so, please share how you did
      this.

      I did (after some hassles) manage to install PyClewn. This is what I
      did (in case somebody else is willing to try):

      DOWNLOAD:

      http://pyclewn.sourceforge.net/index.html

      INSTALL:

      $ cd Downloads
      $ tar xf pyclewn-1.2.tar
      $ cd pyclewn-1.2
      $ EDITOR=/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim vimdir=$HOME/.vim
      python setup.py install --force --home=$HOME

      After installing I got so far as to open MacVim, call ":runtime
      pyclewn.vim" then ":PyClewn" and PyClewn appears to start up. But as
      soon as I try to run some GDB commands I get this error:

      gdb busy: command discarded, please retry

    • Keyan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2010

        i had the same issue, and stopped trying there.

        regards,
        keyan