NERDTree and FuzzyFinder - how to force open in main buffers window?

  • Rick R
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2010
      If I'm navigating within NERDTree and then I decide to use fuzzyfinder
      to find a file I want to open and open it - it opens the file in the
      NERDTree window. Is there a way to force the fuzzyfinder result window
      to always open in the main buffer window?

      --
      Rick R

    • Douglas Drumond

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25, 2010

          > On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 20:34, Rick R <rickcr@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> If I'm navigating within NERDTree and then I decide to use fuzzyfinder
          >> to find a file I want to open and open it - it opens the file in the
          >> NERDTree window. Is there a way to force the fuzzyfinder result window
          >> to always open in the  main buffer window?
          >>
          > On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 23:04, Douglas Drumond <drumond.douglas@...> wrote:
          >
          > I think it's possible. Somehow Fabio Akita (a brazilian Rails developer) uses that in his vimrc. I'm still digging his file to understand how it works (I'm no vim expert), you can take a look at http://github.com/akitaonrails/vimfiles

          Oh, I'm sorry, it has this problem too. And sorry for previous
          top-posting. Now I'm struggling to find a way to fix that NERDTree
          behavior too :S

          --
          Douglas Drumond

        • Chad Gulley
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 26, 2010
            On Jul 25, 2010, at 9:21 PM, Douglas Drumond wrote:

            >> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 20:34, Rick R <rickcr@...> wrote:
            >>>
            >>> If I'm navigating within NERDTree and then I decide to use fuzzyfinder
            >>> to find a file I want to open and open it - it opens the file in the
            >>> NERDTree window. Is there a way to force the fuzzyfinder result window
            >>> to always open in the main buffer window?
            >>>
            >> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 23:04, Douglas Drumond <drumond.douglas@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I think it's possible. Somehow Fabio Akita (a brazilian Rails developer) uses that in his vimrc. I'm still digging his file to understand how it works (I'm no vim expert), you can take a look at http://github.com/akitaonrails/vimfiles
            >

            > Oh, I'm sorry, it has this problem too. And sorry for previous
            > top-posting. Now I'm struggling to find a way to fix that NERDTree
            > behavior too :S
            >

            > --
            > Douglas Drumond
            >
            > --

            You might try hitting ctrl-k from fuzzy finder. It will open it as a vsplit which is what I do to get around this issue.

          • Rick R
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2010
              On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Chad Gulley <cag@...> wrote:

              On Jul 25, 2010, at 9:21 PM, Douglas Drumond wrote:

              You might try hitting ctrl-k from fuzzy finder.  It will open it as a vsplit which is what I do to get around this issue.

              Excellent tip thanks!