MacVim 7.3b BETA now available

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2010
      Hi,

      I've uploaded a new build of the 7.3 BETA to [1]. If you are already
      running a 7.3 BETA you can grab the update via the MacVim -> Check for
      updates menu. Changes specific to MacVim are listed here [2].
      Changes to Vim are listed here [3].

      Please keep in mind that this is still a BETA release -- use it accordingly.

      Björn

      [1] http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/downloads
      [2] http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/commits/master
      [3] http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/commits/vim73

    • Jeremy Conlin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2010
        On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Jeremy Conlin <jlconlin@...> wrote:
        > On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:11 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> I've uploaded a new build of the 7.3 BETA to [1].  If you are already
        >> running a 7.3 BETA you can grab the update via the MacVim -> Check for
        >> updates menu.  Changes specific to MacVim are listed here [2].
        >> Changes to Vim are listed here [3].
        >>
        >> Please keep in mind that this is still a BETA release -- use it accordingly.
        >>
        >> Björn
        >>

        >> [1] http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/downloads
        >> [2] http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/commits/master
        >> [3] http://github.com/b4winckler/macvim/commits/vim73
        >
        > Bjorn,
        >
        > I downloaded/installed this new beta and I can't even get it to
        > launch.  The previous beta I have used without any problems, but this
        > one seems to have some major issues.  Has anyone else had any
        > problems?
        >
        > MacVim crashes immediately and pops up a window asking to send info to
        > Apple.  This happens when I click on the MacVim icon or launch MacVim
        > from the command line using the mvim script.  When launching from the
        > command line, I get the following error
        >
        > dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
        >
        > I tried deleting the preferences file to no avail.  A new preferences
        > file isn't even created so it must crash before that happens.
        >
        > Unfortunately, I'm going to have to go back to beta 2 because I can't
        > get this to work.  On the good side, I love the work that you are
        > doing.  It is great; this is the first time I have had a problem.

        Okay, now I feel stupid. I didn't realize this was only for Snow
        Leopard. This machine is just a Leopard machine. Disregard my

        Jeremy

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 24, 2010
          On 24 July 2010 15:00, Dennis Preiser wrote:

          > From time to time I see an redraw issue after using ':!<cmd>'. The
          > resize area (upper right corner) is repeated several times. I put a
          > screenshot here:
          >
          > <http://andrea-heilmann.homepage.t-online.de/~dennis/macvim.png>

          I can reproduce. Thanks for the report -- I'll take a look at it soon.