Re: [OT] FuzzyFinder and having it search any level deep?

  • Rick R
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2010
      On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Lyle <lyle2.0@...> wrote:

      (while yearning for the day I can embed Vim in it)

      By the way, this plugin seemed to work pretty nicely in Eclipse back when I used Eclipse http://www.viplugin.com/viplugin/. (I use IDEA now, has vim mode through a plugin as well.)

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2010
        On 7 July 2010 16:11, Lyle wrote:
        > Specifically, I'm trying to map Shift-Command-R (Eclipse's "open resource")
        > to something similar to the FuzzyFinder command above. I can do "map <S-r>
        > :e **/" or "map <D-r> :e **/" for shift-r and command-r, respectively, but
        > when I try "map <S-D-r> :e **/", the command just puts me in replace mode.
        > Any ideas?

        Try

        map <D-R> :e **/"

        That is, capitalize the "R" instead of adding the "S-" flag when using
        <D-..> mappings. (Yes, it is a bit odd...)

      • Lyle
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2010
          > Rick R <rickcr@...> Jul 08 01:03AM -0400
          >
          > >> (while yearning for the day I can embed Vim in it)
          >
          > By the way, this plugin seemed to work pretty nicely in Eclipse back when I
          > used Eclipse http://www.viplugin.com/viplugin/. (I use IDEA now, has vim
          > mode through a plugin as well.)

          Thanks. I've tried several plugins for Eclipse, with eclim being the
          best option for me so far, but unfortunately it doesn't support
          embedding gvim as an Eclipse editor on OS X. I think my next move is
          to see what's available for IDEA and Netbeans (I've heard good things
          about jVi there).

          -Lyle

        • Lyle
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2010
            > björn <bjorn.winckler@...> Jul 08 01:37PM +0200 ^
            >
            > On 7 July 2010 16:11, Lyle wrote:
            >> :e **/" or "map <D-r> :e **/" for shift-r and command-r, respectively, but
            >> when I try "map <S-D-r> :e **/", the command just puts me in replace mode.
            >> Any ideas?
            >
            > Try
            >
            > map <D-R> :e **/"
            >
            > That is, capitalize the "R" instead of adding the "S-" flag when using
            > <D-..> mappings. (Yes, it is a bit odd...)
            >
            > Björn

            Fantastic, that works. Thanks!

            -Lyle