Re: Bug? Command line vim, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Finder labels, Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7 6:02 AM
      On 7 July 2010 10:58, Marco Ippolito wrote:
      > Possibly a bug? Under Mac OS X Snow Leopard, if I use the command line 'vim' to edit and save a file which had a Finder label... the label disappears. Filesystem: Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Tried with: /Applications/MacVim/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/vim

      This is due to the way Vim saves files (it renames the original file
      for backup, then saves a new file, then finally deletes the backup).
      You can work around this by setting 'backupcopy' to 'yes':

      :set backupcopy=yes

      See, ":h 'bkc" for more information (also take a look at ":h
      backup-table", ":h 'backup" and ":h 'writebackup").