Carbon binaries of vim 6.2.127

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 21, 2003
      Vim.app users:

      I have just uploaded two versions of vim 6.2.127 at

      http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/

      Both are compiled with the standard Makefile, and both have the runtime
      files under Vim.app/ so that there is no need for the vim/ directory.
      Both versions have my custom [g]vimrc files and Douglas Stebila's Vim
      icon.

      One version is compiled with +perl but -python (because of problems
      during linking). If you need to use Python, stick with the previous
      release.

      The second version is compiled with -perl and -python. Since it
      does not depend on the Perl libraries, it may run under OS X.iii
      (Panther). If you try this, please let me know the results.

      --Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 21, 2003
        On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 12:54:24PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
        > Vim.app users:
        >
        > I have just uploaded two versions of vim 6.2.127 at
        >
        > http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/
        [snip]

        > The second version is compiled with -perl and -python. Since it
        > does not depend on the Perl libraries, it may run under OS X.iii
        > (Panther). If you try this, please let me know the results.

        Phill Kenoyer reports that the -perl -python version works on
        Panther. Yay! At this point, I am only interested in reports to the
        contrary. If I do not get any, I will assume that It Just Works.

        --Benj Fisher
      • Axel Kielhorn
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 22, 2003
          At 12:54 Uhr -0400 2003-10-21, Benji Fisher wrote:
          >Vim.app users:
          >
          > I have just uploaded two versions of vim 6.2.127 at
          >
          >http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/
          >
          >Both are compiled with the standard Makefile, and both have the runtime
          >files under Vim.app/ so that there is no need for the vim/ directory.
          >Both versions have my custom [g]vimrc files and Douglas Stebila's Vim
          >icon.

          The classic version is 6 patchlevels behind at 6.2.121 and available at
          http://macvim.swdev.org/MacClassic/

          It includes version for PPC, 68k and 68000. You will need the
          additional runtime archive since the new archive only contains the
          binaries.

          Axel
        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
            Benji Fisher wrote:

            > Vim.app users:
            >
            > I have just uploaded two versions of vim 6.2.127 at
            >
            > http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/
            >
            > Both are compiled with the standard Makefile, and both have the runtime
            > files under Vim.app/ so that there is no need for the vim/ directory.
            > Both versions have my custom [g]vimrc files and Douglas Stebila's Vim
            > icon.
            >
            > One version is compiled with +perl but -python (because of problems
            > during linking). If you need to use Python, stick with the previous
            > release.

            This one works fine on 10.2. On 10.3 it doesn't run and I also don't
            see an error messsage (when doing "open Vim.app" in a terminal). But we
            can assume it can't load the Perl library.

            > The second version is compiled with -perl and -python. Since it
            > does not depend on the Perl libraries, it may run under OS X.iii
            > (Panther). If you try this, please let me know the results.

            This one works also on 10.3.

            --
            ** Hello and Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline **
            If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.

          • Bob Ippolito
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
              On Oct 23, 2003, at 8:54 AM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

              > Benji Fisher wrote:
              >
              >> Vim.app users:
              >>
              >> I have just uploaded two versions of vim 6.2.127 at
              >>
              >> http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX/
              >>
              >> Both are compiled with the standard Makefile, and both have the
              >> runtime
              >> files under Vim.app/ so that there is no need for the vim/ directory.
              >> Both versions have my custom [g]vimrc files and Douglas Stebila's Vim
              >> icon.
              >>
              >> One version is compiled with +perl but -python (because of
              >> problems
              >> during linking). If you need to use Python, stick with the previous
              >> release.
              >
              > This one works fine on 10.2. On 10.3 it doesn't run and I also don't
              > see an error messsage (when doing "open Vim.app" in a terminal). But
              > we
              > can assume it can't load the Perl library.
              >
              >> The second version is compiled with -perl and -python. Since it
              >> does not depend on the Perl libraries, it may run under OS X.iii
              >> (Panther). If you try this, please let me know the results.
              >
              > This one works also on 10.3.

              Personally I'd like to see one +perl +python, which can be easily done
              for 10.3 since it includes dynamically linkable versions of both. I
              have ADC and am running Panther now on my primary machine, so if
              someone points me to the tarball and patches I'll go ahead and do it.

              The Apple supplied console version of Vim that comes with 10.3 works
              just fine, by the way. I tend to use the console version anyhow, but
              it's -perl -python -ruby.

              -bob