Re: MacVim for Clojure

  • Carl Jacobsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2010
      On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Avram wrote:

      > What is the most effective way to install
      > for use with MacVim ?

      Controlling/customizing MacVim is pretty much the same as with any other
      Unix-based system:

      - Download vimclojure-2.1.2.zip from the page above, and move it to a
      directory of your choosing.
      - Fire up Terminal.app (if you don't already have it open all the time)
      and do:

      cd _directory_where_you_put_the_zip_file_
      unzip vimclojure-2.1.2.zip
      cd vimclojure-2.1.2
      ant install

      That should get the basic Vim-related bits (syntax coloring, completion,
      etc.) installed -- there also appears to be a client/server thing (called
      Nailgun?) in there; "ant all" ought to build it, but I've no idea how to
      install or configure it (sorry, I'm allergic to Lisp-based languages,
      lean more towards Scala & Haskell myself).

      You'll also want to make sure you have:

      syntax on
      filetype plugin indent on

      somewhere in your ~/.vimrc file, and you may have to restart MacVim to
      get everything recognized.

      Cheers,
      Carl