MacVim for Clojure

  • Avram
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2010
      Hello,

      What is the most effective way to install http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2501
      for use with MacVim ?

      Thanks in advance!
      ~Avram

    • Carl Jacobsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2010
        On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Avram wrote:

        > What is the most effective way to install
        > for use with MacVim ?

        Controlling/customizing MacVim is pretty much the same as with any other
        Unix-based system:

        - Download vimclojure-2.1.2.zip from the page above, and move it to a
        directory of your choosing.
        - Fire up Terminal.app (if you don't already have it open all the time)
        and do:

        cd _directory_where_you_put_the_zip_file_
        unzip vimclojure-2.1.2.zip
        cd vimclojure-2.1.2
        ant install

        That should get the basic Vim-related bits (syntax coloring, completion,
        etc.) installed -- there also appears to be a client/server thing (called
        Nailgun?) in there; "ant all" ought to build it, but I've no idea how to
        install or configure it (sorry, I'm allergic to Lisp-based languages,
        lean more towards Scala & Haskell myself).

        You'll also want to make sure you have:

        syntax on
        filetype plugin indent on

        somewhere in your ~/.vimrc file, and you may have to restart MacVim to
        get everything recognized.

        Cheers,
        Carl