Kernel Development in Machintosh

  • Abel Muñoz Alcaraz
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
      Hi everybody,
      I'm a Linux/Windows kernel developer and I'm beginning in Macintosh.
      I'm a beginner and I don't know what I must do for developing kernel
      modules/drivers in Mac OS, where I can search information, what compiler I
      must use, etc ....

      Can you help me about kernel development in Mac OS?

      Thanks in advance.

      -Abel.
    • Sven Guckes
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
        * Abel Muñoz Alcaraz <abel@...> [001005 13:22]:
        > I'm a Linux/Windows kernel developer and I'm beginning in
        > Macintosh. I'm a beginner and I don't know what I must do
        > for developing kernel modules/drivers in Mac OS, where I
        > can search information, what compiler I must use, etc ....
        > Can you help me about kernel development in Mac OS?

        *ehem* This list is about developemtn of *Vim* -
        not about developing OS kernels. Hope this helps.

        Sven
      • G. Mark Stewart
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2000
          You're in luck -- go to the www.apple.com site and sign up for the
          Darwin project. There's source code and all sorts of stuff. Then go over
          to www.go2mac.com and look for a recent article that tells you how
          to hack OSX and get the development tools from Linux installed. After
          that, you'll be in familiar ground.

          Good luck, and let us know what you find out!

          Mark