Re: FuzzyFinder both works and don't

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2010
      On Oct 19 2009, 8:24 am, Wraul <mathias....@...> wrote:
      > Hi
      > I have a problem that I can't solve and would really appreciate some
      > assistance. I'm quite new to vim so maybe it's really simple, but I
      > can't figure out were it's going wrong or where I'm doing something
      > wrong.
      >
      > I have installed the latest version (3.3) of the plugin FuzzyFinderhttp://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1984
      >
      > If I use the version of vim that comes with osx the plugin works fine.
      > If I uses the script mvim that comes with macvim the plugin works
      > fine.
      > If I use my alias gvim='/Applications/MacVim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -
      > g' the plugin works fine.
      > If I start MacVim using open /Applications/MacVim.app the plugin works
      > fine.
      >
      > But if I start macvim from either Spotlight or Finder the plugin gives
      > me the following error when for example I try to invoke it
      > using :FufFile:
      > Error detected while processing function fuf#onComplete..
      > 11..25..fuf#filterMatchesAndMapToSetRanks..<SNR>4_setRanks..<SNR>4_scoreBoundaryMatching:
      > line    4:
      > E806: using Float as a String
      >
      > I'm running snapshot 50 of MacVim on SnowLeopard.
      > I have tried to move both .vimrc, .gvimrc and .vim/ and then
      > reinstalling the plugin.
      > I have also tired with the setting "Launch Vim processes in a login
      > shell" both on and off.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Wraul

      I don't use FunnyFinder myself, but that message means (IIUC) that at
      line 4 of function <SID>scroreBoundaryMatching (or
      s:scoreBoundaryMatching) in the script listed as #4 in the output of
      the :scriptnames command, a variable which has already been assigned a
      floating-point value is being reused as a String. (Note that, now that
      Vim supports floating-point numbers, 4.5 is the floating-point value
      "four and a half" while 4 . 5 (with intervening spaces) is the String
      value '45'.)

      Opening that script in Vim ought to let you see which variable that
      is. Where it got that floating-point value is a different matter.

      Best regards,
      Tony.
      --
      "When are you BUTTHEADS gonna learn that you can't oppose Gestapo
      tactics *with* Gestapo tactics?"

    • Andrew Stewart
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19, 2010
        > On Oct 19 2009, 8:24 am, Wraul <mathias....@...> wrote:
        >> I have installed the latest version (3.3) of the plugin FuzzyFinderhttp://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1984

        This may not help you much...but fuzzyfinder_textmate, which is built on top of FuzzyFinder, was never able to get v3.3 working. So all the ff_tm forks out there stick with v2.22.3.

        Perhaps even less helpfully, here you can see a couple of commits I made in ff_tm to cope with Vim returning typed values rather than strings. It's in Ruby, rather than Vimscript, but perhaps it'll be of some use to you.

        http://github.com/airblade/fuzzyfinder_textmate/commits/master (last two commits).

        Regards,

        Andy Stewart
        -------