Re: File creation/access timestamp

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2010
      On 9 June 2010 13:38, mav wrote:

      > I have a small problem with MacVim + Extendmac's Flow app (great FTP
      > client) combo. When I open some file remotely in Flow, it opens fine
      > in MacVim as I've set it in the preferences. But when I save the file,
      > it doesn't always get updated in the client and sent to server.
      >
      > I noticed that MacVim changes not only "last modified" timestamp of
      > saved file, but also creation and access timestamp. I figure that this
      > could confuse Flow app and prevent it from updating the file on the
      > server. Is there any way to disable this behaviour (eg. to only update
      > the last modified timestamp)?

      This is due to the way Vim saves files (it renames the original file
      for backup, then saves a new file, then finally deletes the backup).
      You can work around this by setting 'backupcopy' to 'yes':

      :set backupcopy=yes

      See, ":h 'bkc" for more information (also take a look at ":h
      backup-table", ":h 'backup" and ":h 'writebackup").