Re: Building Carbon version with Unix Makefile

  • Eric Y. Kow
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 15, 2003
      On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 12:14:16 +0200, Bram Moolenaar Bram-at-moolenaar.net |vim-mac@.../1.0-Allow| wrote:
      > > I attach the bit of patch that fixes misc1.c
      >
      > Thanks. I left that part out because I didn't understand why this was
      > changed. I still wonder if this patch breaks it for other methods for
      > building Vim.

      This would break any method which does not copy the runtime directory
      into the Vim.app bundle.

      Hopefully, the Taro Make_osx.mak approach is no longer needed, as it has
      been incorporated into the Makefile (right?) and anybody really keen
      on using ProjectBuilder will make the appropriate modifications.

      --
      Eric Kow http://www.loria.fr/~kow
      PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9 Merci de corriger mon fran├žais.
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 15, 2003
        Eric Kow wrote:

        > Here's an integrated patch to vim 6.2.121
        >
        > Problem: Mac: resource files not found
        > installation documentation out of synch
        > Recursive entries in Makefile (M4_FLAGS)
        > Makefile contains comments for completed TODO tasks=20
        > Solution: Do not truncate "Vim.app" from vim path when searching for
        > runtime.
        > Simplify src/INSTALLmac.txt
        > Rename M4_FLAGS to M4_FLAGS_OSX
        > Remove spurious Makefile comments
        > Files: src/Makefile, src/INSTALLmac.txt, src/misc1.c
        >
        > > > 1) There is a TODO in the Makefile that says "move runtime to=3D20
        > > > the Vim pkg"... this is now done and should be removed :-)
        >
        > See attached patch=20
        >
        > > > 2) This calls a simplified doc, no?
        >
        > See attached patch
        >
        > > > 3) Does OS 9 prevent us from using the Steibler icons?
        > > > If not, we might as well include them, eh?
        >
        > See attached icon from Douglas Stebila (put in src directory).
        > Hope it doesn't break something for OS 9.

        Thanks. I'll include this and verify if it works for me.

        238. You think faxes are old-fashioned.

      • Axel Kielhorn
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 15, 2003
          At 22:29 Uhr +0200 2003-10-13, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          >I have just sent patch 6.2.118 to the vim-dev maillist. This makes it
          >possible to build the Carbon version with the Unix Makefile:
          >
          > make
          > make install
          >
          >The "make install" creates a "Vim.app" directory in the source
          >directory. You then have to move it to where you want to use it.
          >
          >This is mostly the work of Eric Kow, with a few fixes by me.
          >
          >I have tested this on OS X 10.2.8. Please verify that all the other
          >Mac stuff is still working!

          I build Vim 6.2.121 for MacOS Classic without problems and will
          upload a new archive next weekend.

          Axel