Re: Returning to terminal on exit

  • LuKreme
    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2010
      On 15-May-2010, at 06:51, björn wrote:

      > On 5 May 2010 20:03, LuKreme wrote:
      >> So I finally got macvim installed on my laptop (a 10.5.8 G4 iBook with 7.2-stable)) and I am using the same .vimrc and .gvimrc files as on my desktop (a 10.6.3 MacPro running 7.2 (51))
      >>
      >> On the laptop when I exit a document I do not get returned to the terminal that called MacVim while on the desktop when I close a window that opened from `vim file` I am returned to the terminal no problem.
      >>
      >> I guess, more properly, that when the document closes in MacVim on the desktop it doesn't return me, but rather task switches to the last application.
      >>
      >> Since I am primarily using macvim on the laptop as a USENET editor, this is kinda annoying. Is there any way I can fix this? are any of the previous snapshots able to run on a PPC? (I know the current snapshots require an Intel-based machine)
      >
      > I do not know why you are returned to Terminal in one case and not the
      > other -- perhaps it is a difference between Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6?

      It's a difference between the Intel-only build 52 and 7.2-stable.

      > mvim -f -c "au VimLeave * !open -a Terminal"

      Doesn't work with MacVim and 7.2 stable.

      --
      Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary.

    • LuKreme
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2010
        On 15-May-2010, at 09:33, Israel Chauca F. wrote:

        > Maybe is the "After last window closes" option in General set on the old install but not on the new one?

        The only option for that in 7.2-stable is a check box "Quit MacVim"

        I was hoping that one of the previous snapshots 1) still worked on a PPC machine and 2) had the option to hide MacVim when the last window closes, but I can't find any information on previous releases.

        I suppose I can just start downloading every single one from 51 back and check…

        --
        And, while it was regarded as pretty good evidence of criminality to be
        living in a slum, for some reason owning a whole street of them merely

        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2010
          On 18 May 2010 05:20, LuKreme wrote:
          > On 15-May-2010, at 09:33, Israel Chauca F. wrote:
          >>
          >> Maybe is the "After last window closes" option in General set on the old install but not on the new one?
          >
          > The only option for that in 7.2-stable is a check box "Quit MacVim"
          >
          > I was hoping that one of the previous snapshots 1) still worked on a PPC machine and 2) had the option to hide MacVim when the last window closes, but I can't find any information on previous releases.
          >
          > I suppose I can just start downloading every single one from 51 back and check…

          I just had a look and snapshot 49 is the latest that doesn't require
          intel: just go to the download page [1] and Search for "All downloads"
          and you'll see (don't enter any text in the "for" box, just click the
          Search button).

          If you wanted the latest features you can quite easily build your own
          snapshot 52 for PPC, see [2].

          Björn

          [1] http://code.google.com/p/macvim/downloads/list
          [2] http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Building