Re: Need help with html plugins etc.

  • David Reed
    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2010
      Hi Andrew,

      I am at work right now so I cannot send you the code, but the line I moved over to the vimrc file was the same as the one I was trying in the ftplugin file.  I also put a couple of key mappings in that same ftplugin file to make sure it was even getting hit, and it was.  If I opened an html file, there was no skeleton, but if I ran the exact command that I put into the ftplugin file and then did ':split new.html', it worked (more or less, it was still coming up twice).

      I have a feeling you are on the right track with your assessment though and I will see if I can create a work around.  I really don't think I want to put all these lines in my vimrc file but if thats the only way to do it I will.

      Thanks again for the help.

      -Dave

      On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Andrew Stewart <boss@...> wrote:

      On 17 May 2010, at 13:37, David Reed wrote:
      > I found that command shortly after sending the email, but I kept trying to put it into my own ftplugin file and was getting very frustrated that it wasn't working. Why does it work when in the vimrc file and not in the ftplugin file?

      I'm not certain why without seeing the exact command you put in your ftplugin.  Maybe it's because the autocommand in the .vimrc fires for any file ending in .html whereas your ftplugin fires only when a file has been identified as html (e.g. perhaps when you save it).  Anyway, it would help if you could post your ftplugin snippet.

      > Also,  I am now getting the skeleton repeated twice, and think this is because my vimrc is being referenced twice, but how do I find this or get rid of this from happening.

      I'm don't know of a neat way to do this.  But you could move all your .(g)vimrc files and .vim directory elsewhere, restart Vim, and slowly add in your plugins and configuration files bit by bit until you isolate the problem.  Tedious, but guaranteed to work.

      Regards,

      Andy Stewart
      -------
      http://airbladesoftware.com

    • dacresni
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2010
        I've never seen that functionality in vi before, I'll give it a look.
        I think there's a template package for vi, look it up on http://www.vim.org/scripts/