Re: Re(2): Building Carbon version with Unix Makefile

  • Eric Y. Kow
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 15, 2003

      Here's an integrated patch to vim 6.2.121

      Problem: Mac: resource files not found
      installation documentation out of synch
      Recursive entries in Makefile (M4_FLAGS)
      Makefile contains comments for completed TODO tasks
      Solution: Do not truncate "Vim.app" from vim path when searching for
      runtime.
      Simplify src/INSTALLmac.txt
      Rename M4_FLAGS to M4_FLAGS_OSX
      Remove spurious Makefile comments
      Files: src/Makefile, src/INSTALLmac.txt, src/misc1.c

      > > 1) There is a TODO in the Makefile that says "move runtime to=20
      > > the Vim pkg"... this is now done and should be removed :-)

      See attached patch

      > > 2) This calls a simplified doc, no?

      See attached patch

      > > 3) Does OS 9 prevent us from using the Steibler icons?
      > > If not, we might as well include them, eh?

      See attached icon from Douglas Stebila (put in src directory).
      Hope it doesn't break something for OS 9.

      --eric

      --
      Eric Kow http://www.loria.fr/~kow
      PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9 Merci de corriger mon fran├žais.
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 15, 2003
        On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 12:14:16 +0200, Bram Moolenaar Bram-at-moolenaar.net |vim-mac@.../1.0-Allow| wrote:
        > > I attach the bit of patch that fixes misc1.c
        >
        > Thanks. I left that part out because I didn't understand why this was
        > changed. I still wonder if this patch breaks it for other methods for
        > building Vim.

        This would break any method which does not copy the runtime directory
        into the Vim.app bundle.

        Hopefully, the Taro Make_osx.mak approach is no longer needed, as it has
        been incorporated into the Makefile (right?) and anybody really keen
        on using ProjectBuilder will make the appropriate modifications.

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 15, 2003
          Eric Kow wrote:

          > Here's an integrated patch to vim 6.2.121
          >
          > Problem: Mac: resource files not found
          > installation documentation out of synch
          > Recursive entries in Makefile (M4_FLAGS)
          > Makefile contains comments for completed TODO tasks=20
          > Solution: Do not truncate "Vim.app" from vim path when searching for
          > runtime.
          > Simplify src/INSTALLmac.txt
          > Rename M4_FLAGS to M4_FLAGS_OSX
          > Remove spurious Makefile comments
          > Files: src/Makefile, src/INSTALLmac.txt, src/misc1.c
          >
          > > > 1) There is a TODO in the Makefile that says "move runtime to=3D20
          > > > the Vim pkg"... this is now done and should be removed :-)
          >
          > See attached patch=20
          >
          > > > 2) This calls a simplified doc, no?
          >
          > See attached patch
          >
          > > > 3) Does OS 9 prevent us from using the Steibler icons?
          > > > If not, we might as well include them, eh?
          >
          > See attached icon from Douglas Stebila (put in src directory).
          > Hope it doesn't break something for OS 9.

          Thanks. I'll include this and verify if it works for me.

          238. You think faxes are old-fashioned.

        • Axel Kielhorn
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 15, 2003
            At 22:29 Uhr +0200 2003-10-13, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

            >I have just sent patch 6.2.118 to the vim-dev maillist. This makes it
            >possible to build the Carbon version with the Unix Makefile:
            >
            > make
            > make install
            >
            >The "make install" creates a "Vim.app" directory in the source
            >directory. You then have to move it to where you want to use it.
            >
            >This is mostly the work of Eric Kow, with a few fixes by me.
            >
            >I have tested this on OS X 10.2.8. Please verify that all the other
            >Mac stuff is still working!

            I build Vim 6.2.121 for MacOS Classic without problems and will
            upload a new archive next weekend.

            Axel