Re: One window - two monitors - bug?

  • Courtney Killarney
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2010
      Same here, with the added note that while the window width is apparently restricted to the width of the monitor in which the bulk of the window resides, the window can be displayed in part in both monitors.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 2010
        On 12 May 2010 23:40, Courtney Killarney <courtneysk@...> wrote:

        > On May 12, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Brian McKee wrote:
        >
        >> Hi All
        >>
        >> I have a secondary LCD attached to my iMac, running Snow Leopard and
        >> Mac Vim Version 7.2 stable 1.2 (33.3)
        >>
        >> Was just diff'ing two html files with very long lines, so I thought
        >> I'd drag the window to cover both monitors.  Only I couldn't.
        >>
        >> After opening it up, the screen would redraw a couple times
        >> (refreshing the syntax highlighting etc. I assume) then snap back to
        >> only as wide as my main monitor.
        >>
        >> Using the old original Carbon Macvim I had no issue.
        >>
        >> Does anybody else see this odd behaviour?
        >>
        > Same here, with the added note that while the window width is apparently restricted to the width of the monitor in which the bulk of the window resides, the window can be displayed in part in both monitors.

        I fixed this problem in snapshot 52:

        http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/Snapshot

      • Brian McKee
        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2010
          On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 4:48 AM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:
          > On 12 May 2010 23:40, Courtney Killarney <courtneysk@...> wrote:
          >> On May 12, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Brian McKee wrote:
          >>> I have a secondary LCD attached to my iMac, running Snow Leopard and
          >>> Mac Vim Version 7.2 stable 1.2 (33.3)
          >>> Was just diff'ing two html files with very long lines, so I thought
          >>> I'd drag the window to cover both monitors.  Only I couldn't.
          >>> After opening it up, the screen would redraw a couple times
          >>> (refreshing the syntax highlighting etc. I assume) then snap back to
          >>> only as wide as my main monitor.
          >> Same here, with the added note that while the window width is apparently restricted to the width of the monitor in which the bulk of the window resides, the window can be displayed in part in both monitors.
          > I fixed this problem in snapshot 52:

          Yep - you did.

          I also see you fixed the problem I reported in January of 2009 about
          not being able to open network shares thru an alias. At the time you
          couldn't reproduce it.
          (see snippet below) I don't know when exactly you fixed it as I had
          stayed back on stable because of it - It's possible that I'm not
          seeing it anymore because I'm now running Snow Leopard as well.
          Regardless, feel free to take credit :-)

          Thanks for all your work on MacVim!

          Brian