Re: Mouse in terminal.app

  • Jeremy
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2010
      You only get very basic mouse support as far as I know. Option+click
      will position the cursor, but it doesn't report multiple clicks or
      drags.

      On May 2, 4:33 pm, LuKreme <krem...@...> wrote:
      > Is it possible to get mouse support in vim when using the terminal (non-gvim) version of vim? Especially when logged in via a ssh session. It's Macs on both ends running Terminal.app
      >
      > --
      > The Auditors avoided death by never going so far as to get a life --The Thief
      > of Time
      >
      > --
      > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php

    • dacresni
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2010
        I'm sure I've used a mouse on vim on my mac. for certain, mouse is
        useless until you allow it with :set mouse=a
        or something.

      • Kyle Lippincott
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2010
          Wow.  I just tried this.  It just sends a string of cursor movement commands instead of actual mouse positioning.  *amazed*   And yet, it's almost good enough to work as long as vim doesn't wrap any lines (or your cursor keys are bound to the screen movement (i.e. gj or g<down>) instead of the buffer's line movement (normal j or <down>))