Mouse in terminal.app

  • LuKreme
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2010
      Is it possible to get mouse support in vim when using the terminal (non-gvim) version of vim? Especially when logged in via a ssh session. It's Macs on both ends running Terminal.app

      --
      The Auditors avoided death by never going so far as to get a life --The Thief
      of Time

    • Kyle Lippincott

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2010
          You only get very basic mouse support as far as I know. Option+click
          will position the cursor, but it doesn't report multiple clicks or
          drags.

          On May 2, 4:33 pm, LuKreme <krem...@...> wrote:
          > Is it possible to get mouse support in vim when using the terminal (non-gvim) version of vim? Especially when logged in via a ssh session. It's Macs on both ends running Terminal.app
          >
          > --
          > The Auditors avoided death by never going so far as to get a life --The Thief
          > of Time
          >
          > --
          > For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php

        • dacresni
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2010
            I'm sure I've used a mouse on vim on my mac. for certain, mouse is
            useless until you allow it with :set mouse=a
            or something.

          • Kyle Lippincott
            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2010
              Wow.  I just tried this.  It just sends a string of cursor movement commands instead of actual mouse positioning.  *amazed*   And yet, it's almost good enough to work as long as vim doesn't wrap any lines (or your cursor keys are bound to the screen movement (i.e. gj or g<down>) instead of the buffer's line movement (normal j or <down>))