Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: How do I change the line height?

Expand Messages
  • björn
    ... You ll want to try ... and adjust the 1 to your liking. Unfortunately, linespace only takes integer values so you may not be able to adjust it as
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      On 20 April 2010 17:18, Bjorn Tipling wrote:
      > I would like to increase the spacing between lines for better
      > readability. Is this possible in MacVim?

      You'll want to try

      :set linespace=1

      and adjust the "1" to your liking. Unfortunately, 'linespace' only
      takes integer values so you may not be able to adjust it as precisely
      as you would like.

      Björn

      --
      You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      Subscription settings: http://groups.google.com/group/vim_mac/subscribe?hl=en
    • Tony Mechelynck
      ... How precise would you want to be? According to the help, linespace is measured in pixels, not in text lines. Best regards, Tony. -- My love, he s mad,
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 26, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        On Apr 21, 2:07 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
        > On 20 April 2010 17:18, Bjorn Tipling wrote:
        >
        > > I would like to increase the spacing between lines for better
        > > readability. Is this possible in MacVim?
        >
        > You'll want to try
        >
        > :set linespace=1
        >
        > and adjust the "1" to your liking.  Unfortunately, 'linespace' only
        > takes integer values so you may not be able to adjust it as precisely
        > as you would like.
        >
        > Björn

        How precise would you want to be? According to the help, 'linespace'
        is measured in pixels, not in text lines.


        Best regards,
        Tony.
        --
        My love, he's mad, and my love, he's fleet,
        And a wild young wood-thing bore him!
        The ways are fair to his roaming feet,
        And the skies are sunlit for him.
        As sharply sweet to my heart he seems
        As the fragrance of acacia.
        My own dear love, he is all my dreams --
        And I wish he were in Asia.
        -- Dorothy Parker

        --
        You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
      • björn
        ... My point is that linespace=1 adds up to quite a lot of extra (total) space if you have a moderate amount of lines, making the lines seem quite far apart
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          On 27 June 2010 05:26, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
          >
          > On Apr 21, 2:07 am, björn <bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
          >> On 20 April 2010 17:18, Bjorn Tipling wrote:
          >>
          >> > I would like to increase the spacing between lines for better
          >> > readability. Is this possible in MacVim?
          >>
          >> You'll want to try
          >>
          >> :set linespace=1
          >>
          >> and adjust the "1" to your liking.  Unfortunately, 'linespace' only
          >> takes integer values so you may not be able to adjust it as precisely
          >> as you would like.
          >>
          >
          > How precise would you want to be? According to the help, 'linespace'
          > is measured in pixels, not in text lines.

          My point is that 'linespace=1' adds up to quite a lot of extra (total)
          space if you have a moderate amount of lines, making the lines seem
          quite far apart (at least to my eyes). On Mac OS X all drawing is
          done using floats so fractional line spacing would allow for finer
          control.

          Björn

          --
          You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
        • Tony Mechelynck
          ... Well, my point is that the screen is made of pixels anyway, so that any fractional setting here would have to be rendered by spacing the lines unequally
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 27, 2010
          • 0 Attachment
            On 27/06/10 15:50, björn wrote:
            > On 27 June 2010 05:26, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
            >>
            >> On Apr 21, 2:07 am, björn<bjorn.winck...@...> wrote:
            >>> On 20 April 2010 17:18, Bjorn Tipling wrote:
            >>>
            >>>> I would like to increase the spacing between lines for better
            >>>> readability. Is this possible in MacVim?
            >>>
            >>> You'll want to try
            >>>
            >>> :set linespace=1
            >>>
            >>> and adjust the "1" to your liking. Unfortunately, 'linespace' only
            >>> takes integer values so you may not be able to adjust it as precisely
            >>> as you would like.
            >>>
            >>
            >> How precise would you want to be? According to the help, 'linespace'
            >> is measured in pixels, not in text lines.
            >
            > My point is that 'linespace=1' adds up to quite a lot of extra (total)
            > space if you have a moderate amount of lines, making the lines seem
            > quite far apart (at least to my eyes). On Mac OS X all drawing is
            > done using floats so fractional line spacing would allow for finer
            > control.
            >
            > Björn
            >

            Well, my point is that the screen is made of pixels anyway, so that any
            fractional setting here would have to be rendered by spacing the lines
            unequally (e.g. lsp=0.25, if supported, would mean one additional pixel
            every four lines) which wouldn't be nice to look at.


            Best regards,
            Tony.
            --
            My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not
            signed.
            -- Christopher Morley

            --
            You received this message from the "vim_mac" maillist.
            Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.