Color file?

  • LuKreme
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18 2:31 PM
      I created a .vim color theme file and placed it in ~/.vim/ but it is not accessible from the Edit -> Color Scheme menu.

      Where am I supposed to put the file so that it can be selected from this menu?

      --
      [...] a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting
      can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a

    • Israel Chauca F.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18 2:37 PM
        On Apr 18, 2010, at 4:31 PM, LuKreme wrote:

        > I created a .vim color theme file and placed it in ~/.vim/ but it is not accessible from the Edit -> Color Scheme menu.
        >
        > Where am I supposed to put the file so that it can be selected from this menu?

        Maybe ~/.vim/colors?

        Israel

      • LuKreme
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 19 4:54 AM
          On 18-Apr-2010, at 15:37, Israel Chauca F. wrote:

          > On Apr 18, 2010, at 4:31 PM, LuKreme wrote:
          >>
          >> I created a .vim color theme file and placed it in ~/.vim/ but it is not accessible from the Edit -> Color Scheme menu.
          >>
          >> Where am I supposed to put the file so that it can be selected from this menu?
          >
          > Maybe ~/.vim/colors?

          Is there somewhere the structure of the ~/.vim/ directory is explained (what folders it can contain and what goes in each one)?

          --
          Heisenberg's only uncertainty was what pub to vomit in next and Jung fancied
          Freud's mother too. -- Jared Earle

        • Niklas Lindström
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 19 7:01 AM

            On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM, LuKreme <kremels@...> wrote:

            >> Maybe ~/.vim/colors?
            >
            > Is there somewhere the structure of the ~/.vim/ directory is explained (what folders it can contain and what goes in each one)?

            yes:

            :help vimfiles

            ;)

            Best regards,