Re: colorsheme for MacVim and terminal vim (other vim)

  • Edward Marczak
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2010
      On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:22 AM, Bharat <bcruparel@...> wrote:
      > I am having a tough time setting colorscheme for the terminal vim on
      > Snow Leopard.  MacVim responds to my colorscheme settings fine.  There
      > are times that I like to work in both vims.  The terminal vim refuses
      > to recognize any colors that I set.  So I am setting colorscheme
      > in .gvimrc for MacVim and .vimrc for terminal vim.  Thing is: other
      > commands and plugins work fine in the terminal vim same as in MacVim.
      > It is the colorscheme where I have problems in terminal vim.
      > Any guidance in solving this puzzle will be appreciated.

      Terminal.app only supports 16 color. Yes, even in 10.6. Try running
      Vim in iTerm.app and see if the colors look as if you expect.
      --
      Ed Marczak
      e: marczak@...

    • Bharat
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2010
        Hello Ed,
        I downloaded the iTerm.app from Sourcforge and installed it. It has
        the same problem that the terminal has unfortunately :(. The app
        works fine though. I think it is something more basic that I don't
        understand about the VIM configuration. Thanks for your suggestion
        though. iTerm looks like a nice command line program.
        This stuff works fine on my Linux box but I only run the vim program
        not the gvim. I am new to Mac so am still learning the details.
        Bharat