Re: Clipboard Syncronization

  • Wayne E. Seguin
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2010
      This isn't even in console mode, this is in GUI mode.
      That said I was on Snapshot 51, I'm going to try 52 now :)

      Thanks for such an awesome piece of software Björn, MacVim is gorgeous.

      ~Wayne

    • Wayne E. Seguin
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 7, 2010
        OK, on snapshot 52, when started from command line using `mvim` I
        cannot Command+{C,V} to work from the clipboard.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 7, 2010
          On 7 April 2010 14:45, Wayne E. Seguin wrote:
          > OK, on snapshot 52, when started from command line using `mvim` I
          > cannot Command+{C,V} to work from the clipboard.

          I assume you are using "screen" and you're not running Snow Leopard?
          This is known to stuff up the OS X clipboard.

          Your alternatives are:
          1) use "open -a MacVim file1 file2 ..."
          2) open files from Finder
          3) don't use "screen"
          4) update to Snow Leopard (the version of "screen" that comes with SL is fixed)
          5) somebody posted a patch to "screen" -- use this and compile your own "screen"

        • Wayne E. Seguin
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 7, 2010
            I do operate inside of 'tmux' which is just like Screen.

            I opened MacVim from outside the tmux session and sure enough,
            the copy/paste commands now work perfectly.

            This is good enough for me. I can easily write some quick bash
            scripting to work around this.

            If someone reads this and is capable of hacking a patch for tmux I
            would greatly appreciate it :)

            Thanks you *very* much björn!

            ~Wayne