Re: can't launch snapshot 52

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
      On 30 March 2010 16:43, john mckenzie wrote:
      > can't launch snapshot 52 on my 10.5 intel mac. I did do the
      > preferences/dotfile cleansing as recommended. Console messages are as
      > follows:
      >
      > 3/30/10 8:37:07 AM [0x0-0x5d05d].org.vim.MacVim[943] Warning: no
      > access to tty (Bad file descriptor).
      > 3/30/10 8:37:07 AM [0x0-0x5d05d].org.vim.MacVim[943] Thus no job
      > control in this shell.
      > 3/30/10 8:37:10 AM com.apple.launchd[533]
      > ([0x0-0x5d05d].org.vim.MacVim[943]) Exited abnormally: Segmentation
      > fault

      Not sure what this means -- have you had any success running any of
      the older snapshots?

      One thing you could try is to quit MacVim (Cmd+Q), then open
      Terminal.app and type

      defaults write org.vim.MacVim MMLoginShell 0

      Then open up MacVim again and see if it works.

    • john mckenzie
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
        On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM, björn <bjorn.winckler@...> wrote:

        Not sure what this means -- have you had any success running any of
        the older snapshots?

        One thing you could try is to quit MacVim (Cmd+Q), then open
        Terminal.app and type

        defaults write org.vim.MacVim MMLoginShell 0

        Then open up MacVim again and see if it works.

        1. Yes, all previous snapshots had worked.
        2. Your solution fixed the issue for me, thanks!

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2010
          On 5 April 2010 15:16, john mckenzie wrote:
          > On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 12:42 PM, björn wrote:
          >>
          >> One thing you could try is to quit MacVim (Cmd+Q), then open
          >> Terminal.app and type
          >>
          >> defaults write org.vim.MacVim MMLoginShell 0
          >>
          >> Then open up MacVim again and see if it works.
          >>

          > 1. Yes, all previous snapshots had worked.
          > 2. Your solution fixed the issue for me, thanks!

          This is weird -- have you changed which shell (other than bash) to use
          or something?

          Please read up on ":h macvim-login-shell" and see if that gives you
          any clues as to what is going wrong (and let me know if you do...this
          is the first time I've seen this option causing problems).