Launching MacVim from the Command Line

  • gaston
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2010
      Hi, after I did a search I didn't understand how to do this.

      I want to be able to do something like this in the command line, and
      open it in macvim:

      vim my_text.txt

      How do I do this? I keep getting the default VI from OSX.

      thanks,

      -Gaston

    • René Köcher
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
        Am 15.03.2010 um 05:41 schrieb gaston:

        > Hi, after I did a search I didn't understand how to do this.
        >
        > I want to be able to do something like this in the command line, and
        > open it in macvim:
        >
        > vim my_text.txt
        >
        > How do I do this? I keep getting the default VI from OSX.
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > -Gaston
        >
        > --

        you can try the 'mvim' helper supplied with MacVim.

        Cheers,
        Shirk
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
          On 15 March 2010 22:35, René Köcher wrote:

          > Am 15.03.2010 um 05:41 schrieb gaston:
          >
          >> Hi, after I did a search I didn't understand how to do this.
          >>
          >> I want to be able to do something like this in the command line, and
          >> open it in macvim:
          >>
          >> vim my_text.txt
          >>
          >> How do I do this? I keep getting the default VI from OSX.
          >
          > you can try the 'mvim' helper supplied with MacVim.

          ...and you'll find all the information you need by typing

          :h macvim-start