Re: CVS vim + OSX 10.1

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
      On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 12:50:52AM +0100, Lorenz Wegener wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > There is a problem when one tries to compile the newest version on vim
      > from CVS on OSX 10.1 . The declaration of tputs in proto/termlib.proto
      > conflicts with the one in /usr/include/curses.h. This error terminates
      > compilation.
      >
      > Is this because I am using an old curses library?

      I am not sure. Did you try earlier versions of vim? What method
      are you using to compile? GUI or terminal version? I am cc'ing the
      vim-mac list in case someone else can help.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2003
        Benji Fisher wrote:

        > On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 12:50:52AM +0100, Lorenz Wegener wrote:
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > There is a problem when one tries to compile the newest version on vim
        > > from CVS on OSX 10.1 . The declaration of tputs in proto/termlib.proto
        > > conflicts with the one in /usr/include/curses.h. This error terminates
        > > compilation.
        > >
        > > Is this because I am using an old curses library?
        >
        > I am not sure. Did you try earlier versions of vim? What method
        > are you using to compile? GUI or terminal version? I am cc'ing the
        > vim-mac list in case someone else can help.

        The problem is probably that termlib.c is compiled while that shouldn't
        be necessary. Try removing it from the makefile you are using.

        --
        From "know your smileys":
        *<|:-) Santa Claus (Ho Ho Ho)

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2003
          Lorenz Wegener wrote:

          > Yes, termlib.c did not need to be compiled, Vim works wonderfully now.
          >
          > Thanks. You are really on top of things.

          I'm glad this works.

          Can you tell us what you changed in which file? That might help others
          that run into the same problem.

          --
          From "know your smileys":
          %-) After staring at screen for 15 hours