Re: Save As

  • Chip Warden
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2010
      Rich,

      Try creating a ~/.gvimrc file and put in entries like this:

      set lines=NN
      set columns=NN

      NN should be replaced with the number of lines and/or columns you want the MacVim window to have on open. Quit and relaunch MacVim to see your changes.

      Chip Warden

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
        On 9 March 2010 17:52, Richard Johnson wrote:
        > When i click on File > Save As...  i am put into INSERT mode.
        > No file dialog box pops up.
        >
        > Also the MacVim screen starts up the same size all the time even if i
        > change it before closing.

        Try downloading the latest snapshot of MacVim -- it will autosave the
        size of the window (or use Chip's tip to explicitly set the size).

        I don't know why Save As would put you into insert mode...see if the
        problem goes away when you try the latest snapshot. If not, go
        through these steps:

        http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/ReportingBugs