Save As

  • Richard Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2010
      When i click on File > Save As... i am put into INSERT mode.
      No file dialog box pops up.

      Also the MacVim screen starts up the same size all the time even if i
      change it before closing.

      Version 7.2 stable 1.2 (33.3)
      Max OS X Version 10.5.8

      cheers,
      rich

    • Chip Warden
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2010
        Rich,

        Try creating a ~/.gvimrc file and put in entries like this:

        set lines=NN
        set columns=NN

        NN should be replaced with the number of lines and/or columns you want the MacVim window to have on open. Quit and relaunch MacVim to see your changes.

        Chip Warden

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010
          On 9 March 2010 17:52, Richard Johnson wrote:
          > When i click on File > Save As...  i am put into INSERT mode.
          > No file dialog box pops up.
          >
          > Also the MacVim screen starts up the same size all the time even if i
          > change it before closing.

          Try downloading the latest snapshot of MacVim -- it will autosave the
          size of the window (or use Chip's tip to explicitly set the size).

          I don't know why Save As would put you into insert mode...see if the
          problem goes away when you try the latest snapshot. If not, go
          through these steps:

          http://code.google.com/p/macvim/wiki/ReportingBugs