Re: Cannot change back to command mode

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 02:54:57PM +0200, Gerd wrote:
      > Hallo,
      >
      > after typing something in insert mode i try to change back to the
      > command mode, clicking on 'esc' .
      > But i am still in insert mode and clicking on 'esc' has only the same
      > effect, like a hit on 'return'.
      >
      > Does anybody know where is the error? ( OS X 10.2.6 )

      Perhaps you have the 'insertmode' option set. Try typing CTRL-L
      and see if that gets you out of Insert mode. Or else try CTRL-O to get
      into Normal mode for one command; once in Normal mode, try

      :set insertmode?
      :set noinsertmode

      If this is indeed the problem, then I really want to know where you got
      your version of vim (unless you managed to do this yourself).

      HTH --Benji Fisher