Re: zz

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
      On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 05:51:21AM -0500, Emily Jackson wrote:
      > At 5:32 AM -0500 on Sunday, September 28, 2003, Gerd <gerd.adendorf@t-
      > online.de> wrote:
      >
      > >i try to use the zz command to exit, but get the answer: this is not an
      > >editor command ?
      >
      > It's "ZZ" (uppercase, not lowercase).

      That was my first thought, too, but "zz" should center the cursor's
      line in the window. I do not see why you would get that error message.
      Gerd, what version of vim are you using?

      :version

      > >Is there any manual for using vim on MAC OS X on the net or in any
      > >published book?
      >
      > AFAIK, no.

      Same here. There are not supposed to be big differences. I think
      the only published book on vim is the one by Steve Oualline: there is a
      link from www.vim.org to
      http://iccf-holland.org/click5.html
      if you are interested in buying a copy. I have always been happy with

      :help

      HTH --Benji Fisher