Re: Integration with Eclim

  • Christopher S Martin

      On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:18 PM, björn wrote:
      > On 22 February 2010 20:20, Steven Michalske wrote:
      >>
      >> On Feb 19, 2010, at 5:24 PM, björn wrote:
      >>
      >>> I'm not saying that this is a good solution, but at least it is
      >>> possible to embed Vim in whatever app you wish using this method.
      >>> Maybe in some distant future I'll come up with a good way of
      >>> modularizing the MacVim code so that it will be possible to simply
      >>> pull some sort of MacVim.framework into another app and be done, but
      >>> the keyword is _distant_ here. ;-)
      >>
      >> Me dreams of vim in xcode!
      >>
      >> Make that framework commercially acceptable please!
      >
      > What is less likely?
      >
      > a) that I actually write such a framework
      >
      > or
      >
      > b) that the the Xcode devs would add a "Vim view" feature if such a
      > framework existed
      >
      > My estimate is that (a) has about 1 chance in [enter arbitrarily large
      > number here] to ever happen, but that it still is likelier than (b).
      > ;-)
      >
      > Björn

      I actually have Xcode set up to use MacVim as the external editor.
      With the cocoa.vim bundle it's surprisingly good. The AutoComplete
      isn't as robust as in normal Xcode, but it gets the job done. I'll
      take my muscle memory vim movements with "good enough" autocomplete
      any day of the week. Add in the snipMate vim bundle (written by the
      same guy) and you have an almost perfect environment.